Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Springy Ruched Skirt for Little Momo


It is officially spring!  We welcomed spring in February here in Texas, and I have been wanting to create something with springy-feeling for my daughter Momo.  So I got this springy flower print fabric, and all I could think about was making another Ruched Skirt.  The full tutorial for the skirt can be found at: Blooms And Bugs.



I ordered this fabric online.  When I got it, I was surprised how very light this fabric was.  So I added 2 layers of tulle raffles to the inner layer of the skirt to add volume.  I cut the flower fabric wider than the inner layer, thinking that may add more volume too, but that was so unnecessary and I think the skirt would have actually looked better if I had kept the same width for the both layers.  Well, I tried and learned.
This fabric was also very easy to fray.   I could not keep the shape of the cut fabric as I worked on it.  But the design of the gathered skirt with ruched hem perfectly masks my imperfect skirt :)


Little Momo likes to get goofy when wearing this skirt.  I think she likes it because it is very light.

Pretending like a little ballerina...




I love Spring. Bluebonnets are blooming now, and those lovely blue flowers just make me happy.







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



12 comments:

  1. That last photo is a total winner! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is SO cute! I'd love to have you link it up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2012/03/anything-goes-linky-party_22.html. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, how sweet!! The skirt and your little girl are adorable!! Thanks so much for the follow. I am happily following you back now. BTW I live in Texas too, the bluebonnets around my house don't look as pretty as yours. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little skirt!!! You've chosen the perfect fabric to make it in. Your last photo is awesome!!! Thanks for linking up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and fluffy!! Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that skirt! Need to start mastering my sewing skills pronto :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, she looks so adorable in that skirt and the photo with her and the bluebonnets is professional quality. Thanks so much for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie, I've featured your adorable Springy Ruched skirt today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/03/threading-your-way-features_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling skirt and little girl! I especially like your fabric choice and the last picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Featuring at Bacon Time on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous! That last picture is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty skirt!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...